Colli Maceratesi wine appellation in Marche, Italy

Foodtourist.com Restaurants, Wine, Travel, Opinions

Review
 
Colli Maceratesi wine appellation
Wine appellation

Reviewed By

Sue Dyson and Roger McShane
Country: Italy

Colli Maceratesi is a wine appellation in the Marche region of Italy based around the town of Macerata which gave its name to the Maceratesi grape.
The white wine of this appellation is called Colli Maceratesi Bianco and must comprise at least 80% of the Maceratino grape (also known as Montecchiese) with the remaining 20% from Trebbiano Toscano, Verdicchio, Malvasia and Chardonnay.
The red wine of this appellation is called Colli Maceratesi Rosso and must comprise at least 50% of the Sangiovese grape with the remaining 50% from Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Ciliegiolo, Lacrima Merlot and Montepulciano.
Other appellations in the Marche region are:
 
     
  Bianchello del Metauro
Colli Pesaresi
Esino
Falerio dei Colli Ascolani
Lacrima di Morro d'Alba
Offida Passerina
Offida Pecorino
Offida Rosso
Pergola
Rosso Conero
Rosso Piceno
Serrapetrona
Terreni di San Severino
Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi
Verdicchio di Matelica
Vernaccia di Serrapetrona


 
     


Foodtourist.com - Independent commentary on the Web since 1996

Copyright | Disclaimer| Privacy Policy