Rosso Piceno wine appellation in the Marche region of Italy Restaurants, Wine, Travel, Opinions

Rosso Piceno wine appellation
Wine appellation

Reviewed By

Sue Dyson and Roger McShane
Country: Italy

Rosso Piceno is a sprawling wine appellation in the central and southern part of the Marche region of Italy. The red wine made here is based on the Sangiovese grape and Montepulciano grape which must together comprise 85% of the wine. Trebbiano and Passerina can make up the remaining 15%.
There is also a higher alcohol version in the southern part of the appellation which classifies as Rosso Piceno Superiore provided it is aged for at least one year.
Other appellations in the Marche region are:
  Bianchello del Metauro
Colli Maceratesi
Colli Pesaresi
Falerio dei Colli Ascolani
Lacrima di Morro d'Alba
Offida Passerina
Offida Pecorino
Offida Rosso
Rosso Conero
Terreni di San Severino
Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi
Verdicchio di Matelica
Vernaccia di Serrapetrona

 - Independent commentary on the Web since 1996

Copyright | Disclaimer| Privacy Policy